This report concerns villagers not linking at all to easily accessible POI (beds, workstations, bells), especially in multiplayer worlds. There are several other reports that address similar-looking situations that actually have very different causes. Before commenting here, please try to confirm that you are experiencing this bug, and not one of the following:
- Villagers do not always link to the closest available POI: this is intended behavior per
- Villagers detect and link to POI they cannot reach: MCPE-50441
- Villagers link to POI that are unreasonable distances from them: MCPE-63311
- Villgers cannot pathfind around obstructions to reach POI: MCPE-42912
- Villagers cannot pathfind over or through various blocks to reach POI: MCPE-45560
- Villagers de-link and switch POI:
- Newer villagers steal POI from older villagers:
- Villages overpopulate (leaving some villagers with no POI to link to): MCPE-47212
- Villagers appear not to link to workstations, in that they won't refresh trades: precursor to
MCPE-62080 and MCPE-56889
A user has offered technical analysis of this bug in this YouTube video and this comment. It is suggested that the bug is triggered by abruptly leaving a village too soon after you entered it, either by quitting the world or by using a Nether portal. This means you could work around the problem by waiting a couple of minutes before taking either of these actions. You shouldn't need to wait before walking out of the village, though.
As a reminder, please limit comments to new information, and add a vote to show your interest in getting this issue addressed.