Testing in 1.14.60 has found that this bug can be triggered by an interaction between certain portal coordinates and render distance.
Please comment below with your portal location and render distance. We would also especially like to know if the bug can be triggered in the current beta version by any of the coordinates listed below.
Steps to reproduce:
- Start a new world.
- Build a nether portal at any of the coordinates listed in the chart below.
- Set render distance as indicate by the chart.
- Travel to the nether using the portal.
- Travel back to the overworld through the portal that spawns in the nether.
- Repeat steps 4-5.
The overworld loads and the player can move around and interact normally.
The game gets stuck on the loading screen.
Confirmed problem overworld coordinates:
- This bug can also occur when travelling overworld --> nether with portals at certain nether coordinates, but it seems to be less consistent in that direction.
- This bug also occurs when returning to the overworld from the end if you set your respawn point to one of the problem coordinates.
- Other loading and rendering errors sometimes occur in conjunction with this bug, such as transparent or "x-ray" chunks (
You should be able to use your portals if you either
- reduce your render distance, or
- move the portal in the dimension that gets stuck loading.
Note: The render distance that works differs depending on the portal location, but it appears to be independent of device, world seed, and world contents.
I've seen this bug already been reported "
MCPE-42542", however the poster hasn't responded to the request for the world so I am creating a new issue. Feel free to correct me if I'm not supposed to do this.
I have 2 nether portals that both lead to the same place in the nether. I'll call them "Portal A" and "Portal B". Portal A was constructed first. It works completely as expected. Entering it and exiting. Portal B, which is about 100 blocks away, does not work when exiting. Entering works just fine however trying to exit gets stuck on "Building Terrain". This doesn't seem to be an issue with my world, as creating a new world in creative with the same seed and putting the portals at the exact same coordinates still does not work. The only way to get past the "Building Terrain" is to Alt + F4.
Portal A 18,66,70
Portal B 124,64,91
Where you spawn after Alt + F4 18,79,67
Both the Creative Test World, and the Survival World have been attached. Survival world is too large to attach so I've linked it here. Survival World
Edit: Can confirm the issue still occurs on 1.11.1