Affects Version/s: 126.96.36.199 Beta, 1.9.0, 188.8.131.52 Beta
Fix Version/s: 184.108.40.206 Beta
Platform:Windows 10 - PC
Update by [Minecraft] Mega_Spud (Jay Wells):
Grass Path blocks turn grass blocks below them to dirt, but grass can still spread to these, thus creating a loop of grass/dirt blocks. Blocks below grass paths should stay as dirt.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open a standard flat world
- Place grass blocks on top of other grass blocks
- Use a shovel to turn the placed blocks into grass path blocks
- Increase the random tick speed (eg /gamerule randomtickspeed 500)
- Watch the blocks underneath the path blocks
The blocks underneath the path blocks alternate between grass and dirt blocks repeatedly.
Blocks below grass path blocks should turn to dirt blocks when ticked, and remain that way. (As per
Screenshots/Videos attached: Yes
I noticed the grass path blocks created with shovels don't seem to prevent the growth of grass blocks placed underneath them, which as you can imagine results in some pretty gruesome visuals. I attempted to replace these submerged grass blocks with dirt, but the grass grew back before long.