Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
Fix Version/s: None
Platform:Phone - Android - Oneplus (Specify in description)
When playing on a mobile device with an external keyboard attached, the keyboard does not function fully.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Connect a compatible keyboard and mouse to an android device
- Open a world in Minecraft
- Try out the following keyboard keys:
- Shift - Cannot move downwards when flying
- Space - cannot repeatedly jump if held down when walking
- Slash - Cannot hit slash then start typing, you have to manually click or tap on the text input area
- Return - Does not work in chat, you have to use shift+return instead
- Tab - Autocomplete doesn't work
- CTRL+A/X/C/V - Do not function correctly (Unless you copy text from outside minecraft first)
The above examples don't function as expected.
I expected the keyboard functionality to mimic that of the Windows 10 Edition.
Screenshots/Videos attached: Yes
The previous ticket for keyboard issues is
MCPE-10353 (closed, as those particular issues were mostly resolved)
The ticket relating to the mouse functionality not being the same as Win10, is
MCPE-9815, which has been closed as WAI, due to the feature not being added.