Too many particles are generated when many items are dropped onto redstone ore.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Place a block of redstone ore
- Throw a single item on top of the block
- Throw a stack on top of the block
One item thrown onto the ore activates the block, producing particles. As more items are thrown on, more and more particles are shown. This amount of particles can cause excessive lag.
Either no particles should be shown, or they should not be multiplied by the amount of dropped items.
Screenshots/Videos attached: Yes
- This behaviour has been present for some time.
- In the Java version, dropped items do not activate the redstone ore at all.
- If you stack the redstone ore 2 high, the lower block also produces massive amounts of particles - Possibly a separate bug? (see screenshot).