Affects Version/s: 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 1.14.1 Hotfix, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 1.12.1, 1.16.100, 1.16.201 Hotfix
Fix Version/s: None
At night or in a dark room, if you look at the back side of stairs when there is a light source behind the stairs, there is a lighting quirk that occurs - most likely due to the multiple cuboids in the stairs model. Note that this issue only seems to occur with smooth lighting enabled.
This bug was previously mentioned in
MCPE-8054, but since that ticket had become bloated with a total of 3 technically separate bugs (2 of which had been fixed), the remaining bug (this one) was reported separately and MCPE-8054 was resolved as fixed.
- Set your brightness to 0 and enable smooth lighting.
- Go into a dark room or set the time to night.
- Place down stairs. (quartz is the best for seeing the bug)
- Place a torch in front of the stairs. (the side with the steps)
- View the stairs from the flat back side.