Affects Version/s: 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 1.14.1 Hotfix, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 1.12.1, 1.16.100, 1.16.201 Hotfix, 1.16.221 Hotfix
Fix Version/s: None
At night or in a dark room, if you look at the back side of stairs when there is a light source behind the stairs, there is a lighting quirk that occurs - most likely due to the multiple cuboids in the stairs model. Note that this issue only seems to occur with smooth lighting enabled.
This bug was previously mentioned in
MCPE-8054, but since that ticket had become bloated with a total of 3 technically separate bugs (2 of which had been fixed), the remaining bug (this one) was reported separately and MCPE-8054 was resolved as fixed.
- Set your brightness to 0 and enable smooth lighting.
- Go into a dark room or set the time to night.
- Place down stairs. (quartz is the best for seeing the bug)
- Place a torch in front of the stairs. (the side with the steps)
- View the stairs from the flat back side.