I discovered this bug while working with a simple T Flip-flop design which I was using to create a binary counter. When I cloned the circuit, I found it stopped working. Not only that, but some of the redstone, torches, and repeaters stopped updating altogether. I believe this bug is associated repeated cloning of redstone elements. For example, if a redstone which is powered is cloned on top of a redstone which is unpowered, the resulting redstone will no longer update.
To test this theory, I did the following:
- place a lever next to redstone dust
- clone the lever and redstone to another location
- turn the original lever on
- clone the lever and redstone again in the same location
- destroy the lever
- now the redstone is powered, but there is nothing powering it
I hope this is not a duplicate report, I searched the forum and didn't find anything!