Affects Version/s: 0.15.90.7, 0.17.0.2, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
Fix Version/s: 188.8.131.52
Sorry I couldn't find a better title! But the sky doesn't turn orange during sunset and sunrise until the player's face (not the camera) is facing the sun.
The first screenshot shows the sun. The second shows the moon
_Edit by rplatham Sept 23, 2016:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Start a new creative flat world with cheats enabled
- Set the camera perspective to "Third Person Front" (so the camera is facing the front of the player)
- Set the time of day to 12500 (/time set 12500) which is around sunset.
- Turn the camera view so you can see the sun behind your player.
- Observe that the sky is blue/purple when it should be orange/red.
- Turn the camera view so you can see the moon is behind your player.
- Observe that the ski is orange/red when it should be blue/purple.
- Repeating the above with other camera perspectives gives the expected results.
Conclusion: the sunset and moon rise lighting effects seem to be triggered by the direction the player is facing which becomes opposite to the direction of the camera when the camera perspective is third person front. Accordingly, in this view, the sunset has moon rise colors and the moon rise has sunset colors.