188.8.131.52 Preview, 184.108.40.206 Preview, 220.127.116.11 Preview, 18.104.22.168 Preview, 22.214.171.124 Preview, 126.96.36.199/25 Preview, 188.8.131.52 Preview, 184.108.40.206 Preview, 220.127.116.11 Preview, 18.104.22.168 Preview, 22.214.171.124 Preview, 126.96.36.199 Preview, 188.8.131.52 Preview, 184.108.40.206 Preview, 1.19.22 Hotfix, 1.19.30, 1.19.31 Hotfix, 1.19.40, 220.127.116.11 Preview, 18.104.22.168 Preview, 22.214.171.124 Preview, 1.19.41, 1.19.50, 1.19.51, 1.19.63, 1.19.71, 126.96.36.199 Preview, 1.19.73, 1.19.80, 1.19.83 Hotfix, 1.20.0, 1.20.1 Hotfix, 1.20.10, 1.20.12 Hotfix, 188.8.131.52 Preview, 1.20.30, 184.108.40.206 Preview, 1.20.40
When walking normally, stepping down one or more blocks from wool to wool causes a sculk sensor (and possibly Warden) vibration to be triggered. This is similar to
MCPE-153432 however that bug related to any action on wool. This only involves short-distance falling from a wool to wool block.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a world in Creative mode.
- Find a flat location away from mobs and hollow out a one block deep 3x3 area and fill it with wool.
- Add another 3x3 wool surface adjacent to the other wool surface with no gaps which could create a vibration. Ensure this surface is one block higher than the previous wool surface.
- Add a sculk sensor within range of the two wool surfaces and optionally shield it to keep other mobs from triggering it.
- Switch to Survival Mode and walk normally off the edge of the higher wool surface to the lower wool surface several times.
As experienced in Java Edition, the stepping off of one wool surface onto another never generates any vibration to trigger the sculk sensor.
Most of the time (but not every time - see attached video) walking off the edge of the wool creates a vibration. It is notable that jumping from the higher wool surface to the lower works correctly and never creates a vibration as long as the fall does not cause player damage. (Also demonstrated in the attached video.) The player must walk (or run) over the edge of the wool block for the vibration bug to occur.