The combat fixes in 1.18.30 corrected
MCPE-82952 in a technical sense, but in the wrong direction. Now Resistance V > Resistance IV, but all of the % damage reductions are one level too low.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a world on normal difficulty with cheats enabled and natural regeneration off.
- Trap a vindicator in a 1 x 2 x 1 box using a trapdoor at head height so that you can walk in to visit him.
- Give yourself Resistance I (/effect @s resistance 100 0 true)
- Walk in-and-out of the vindicator's box until it hits you.
- Health yourself with (/effect @s instant_health 1 0 true)
- Repeat steps (3) - (5) for Resistance levels up to V.
|Resistance Level||Expected Damage||Observed Damage|
|I||10 (20% reduction)||13 (0% reduction)|
|II||7 (40% reduction)||10 (20% reduction)|
|III||5 (60% reduction)||7 (40% reduction)|
|IV||3 (80% reduction)||5 (60% reduction)|
|V||0 (100% reduction)||3 (80% reduction)|
- discovered while testing
MCPE-82952 Resistance V (5) = Resistance IV (4)
- relates to
MCPE-102237 Haste level 1 has no mining speed increase