Resolution: Awaiting Response
Had a horse tied to a fence post with a lead. Got on the horse to ride it and saw the lead appeared broken ... not attached to the fence post and visible on the ground (the lead as a tether/leash, not as an item icon). Rode a chunk or two distance away. Went to attach a lead to the horse to tie him up in this new location and the lead will not attach. Only command option is to ride the horse.
I tried each of the following steps to resolve, none of which have worked:
- returned with the horse to the original fence post
- destroyed original fence post
- saved and quit game, reentered
- saved and quit game, restarted Minecraft
- rebooted Xbox
Google searches have turned up a couple of references to this type of error, but from years ago.
MC-14826Leads in unloaded chunks break, become invisible or connect to an invisible target far away - Jira (mojang.com) (2019; note: Java edition)
- (2) Invisible lead stuck to horse : Minecraft (reddit.com) (2019)
Those are the only two references I can find. This error just happened for the first time.