18.104.22.168 Preview, 22.214.171.124 Preview, 126.96.36.199 Preview, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 1.17.11 Hotfix, 1.17.10, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 1.16.221 Hotfix, 1.17.0, 1.17.2 Hotfix, 1.17.32, 1.17.33, 1.17.34, 1.17.40, 1.17.41 Hotfix, 1.18.2 Hotfix, 1.18.12 Hotfix, 1.19.0
You can break through end portals in survival mode by just pushing a sticky piston with a block through the end portal, lighting the portal and retracting the piston with the block back.
Steps to reproduce:
- Craft the ender eyes;
- Find a stronghold and it's portal;
- Place a block of your choice in the middle of the lava box under the portal;
- On top of that block, place a sticky piston facing up; (at this point, the sticky piston should be one single block under the portal)
- Place a block of your choice (but no obsidian) on top of the sticky piston; (the block of your choice should be inside, in the center of the portal)
- Activate the piston with a lever or some redstone; (the block of your choice should be pushed one block over the end portal)
- Light the portal by putting all the eyes in the frames;
- Retract the piston; (the block that was on the piston should retract, )
- Break the block that was retracted by the piston, which is currently inside the portal;
-> You broke through the end portal and now you got a hole in your end portal!
Video is kinda choppy but i think you can understand the issue from it.