1.17.11 Hotfix, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 1.17.41 Hotfix
- Create a world on simulation distance 4, set render distance as low as possible, and make sure "beautiful skies" is toggled on in video settings.
- Go about 20-40 blocks underground and run /fill ~~~ ~100 ~10 ~109 air.
- Fly to the end of the tunnel and run the same command again.
- Fly back to either end of the tunnel.
- Set time to night.
- Look down the tunnel and watch for a few minutes.
You see blackness at the end.
You see stars at the end of the tunnel.
I was exploring a cave system in my world and discovered these peculiar lights in the cave system not sure if this counts as a glitch but I didn't think it was interesting enough to report.