This bug report is a parity issue with Java.
Moss cannot spread if the block on which the Bone Meal is being used is above or below the contiguous blocks. Also, in the bedrock, moss spreads only horizontally. In the Java version, it spreads not only horizontally, but also vertically.
Steps to reproduce:
- Build a small area with stone (with different heights).
- Place the moss block one block higher.
- Click on it with bone meal.
- Place the moss block at the same height as the stone so that they touch.
- Click on it with bone meal
Moss spreads only horizontally and only if it comes into contact with a stone at the same height.
The moss should spread not only horizontally, but also vertically.