188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 1.17.11 Hotfix, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 1.17.10, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 1.17.1 Hotfix, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 1.16.220, 126.96.36.199 Beta, 188.8.131.52 Beta, 184.108.40.206 Beta, 220.127.116.11 Beta, 18.104.22.168 Beta, 22.214.171.124 Beta, 1.16.201 Hotfix, 1.16.210, 1.16.221 Hotfix, 1.17.0, 1.18.2 Hotfix
When making items that use weapon triggers to do things like give their targets status effects, they only work when the player is holding the item and don't work when mobs are holding the item.
Steps To Reproduce:
- Download the attached test_item.json, put it in a behaviour pack and a load a world with it
- Summon a husk and give them the test_item (no icon so will throw content log errors about that).
- Run the command /effect @e resistance 9999 9 true
- Hit the husk with the test item and observe that it will get wither for 5 seconds
- Go into survival and allow the husk to hit you with the test item
- You will not be given wither at all
- Weapon triggers work for items when mobs hold them
- Weapon triggers only work when players are holding the item