Any item's "minecraft:block_placer" component will not use the "minecraft:on_player_placing" Event trigger which is required for the MoLang to run, needs a player.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download the example addon below
2. Install it how you would install all other addons (click on it for windows 10)
3. Create a new world
4. Make sure experimental gameplay is turned on. (Mainly Holiday Creator Features)
5. Activate the resourcepack and behavior pack
6. Finish creating your world
- Placing using the block will make the north side face the player.
- Placing using the item will not make the north side face the player. will not rotate.
- Error log does not come up with any errors.
Both the item and the block will place where the north side will always face the player. Making the block rotatable.