I've started a long project in my solo world- destroying the entire central end island, while doing so, I've discovered an interesting issue.
Haste 1 given by beacons gives absolutely no speed increase to mining. Only haste 2 and above has an effect.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create any world
- build a beacon in either creative or survival, it doesn't matter
- obtain a netherite pickaxe with effeciency 5, for best visualization.
- place some obsidian to mine with the pickaxe
- activate the beacon to have level 1 Haste
- Begin mining the obsidian, observe how long it takes to mine
- disable the beacon
- Mine the obsidian again, observe that it takes the same amount of time to mine as it did without haste 1
Mining speed doesn't change whatsoever
Level 1 haste should give a 20% speed increase to mining, while level 2 should give 40%