Affects Version/s: 1.5.2, 1.5.3
Fix Version/s: None
If you use a Minecraft version before 1.6.4, most of the "Edit Profile" options don't work. I want to play Minecraft 1.2.5 but have different worlds so what you'd normally do is have the game directory for latest in a different folder than the game directory for 1.2.5
But it doesn't work. NO MATTER what you put in the "Game Directory" space on 1.5.2 or lower, ALL of the files will end up in the \.minecraft folder!!!!!
ALSO!!!! Exact same problem with the "Resolution" you can open up the game in 1280x720 on the latest version but on 1.5.2 or below, NO MATTER what you put in there, it'll open in 480p.
IF somehow you don't believe this at all and want Steps To Reproduce, HERE THEY ARE:::::::
1. Make 2 profiles,
- on one, choose version 1.8.1 and change the Game Directory to "C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\TestFolder1"
- on the other, choose version 1.5.2 and make it "C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\TestFolder2"
2. Play Minecraft 1.8.1 and notice how all of the Files MAGICALLY go into a folder that is MAGICALLY created on your Desktop called TestFolder1
3. Play Minecraft 1.5.2 and notice how a folder on your Desktop called TestFolder2 is MAGICALLY created BUT, it's empty... the files... WHERE ARE THEY?????
4. Check your \.minecraft folder. Found the files
5. YEP GOOD WORK ORGANIZING the profiles.
6. (and what makes it worse is the fact that 1.5.2 and 1.2.5 files will get mixed no matter what....)