Affects Version/s: 1.5.1
Fix Version/s: 1.5.2
Environment:Windows 7 x64, Java 1.8.0_05 64-bit
When using a version with an inherited JSON, the original JSON is over-written with a "flattened" JSON if a library specified in the version or its parent is downloaded by the launcher.
- Create a version JSON which inherits from any other version, this example JSON file extends 1.7.10 and adds the ASM 5.0.3 library
- Ensure that one or more libraries specified in the version is missing/requires download, for example delete the ASM 5.0.3 jar if it is already present
- Start the launcher and create a profile to use the new version
- Launch the game and observe that the original JSON is overwritten by a version which specifies all options from the parent version, and inheritance is lost.
I have confirmed that after the above procedure has been executed, the following corroborating test can be performed:
- Close the launcher and replace the contents of the JSON with the original
- Re-open the launcher and re-launch the game, this time no libraries should need to be downloaded
- The inherted JSON file remains intact