This issue only happens in the latest beta version of the launcher. To revert back to the stable launcher, please follow the following steps:
- Navigate to your .minecraft folder
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously
- Type %appdata% into the text field that pops up
- Open the .minecraft folder
- Open the launcher_profiles.json file with Editor. (Do not use Word, you must use a text-only editor that doesn't allow for formatting.)
- Right click on the launcher_profiles.json file
- Select "Open with..."
- Select "Editor"
- If Editor is not available in that list, use the last option in the context menu to get a list of more programs, which should include Editor. Select it from there.
- Scroll to the bottom of the text file
- Change "channel": "beta" to "channel": "release"
- Save the file, and close the editor
The launcher should now be able to start again.
My Minecraft launcher worked, but i did update for have beta version and now the launcher doesn't work i try to starting it as administrator but he doesn't launch. Just nothing happened.
if I uninstal it and dowload it without delete .mincraft folder the prblem is already here.
Even if you remove library folder it doesn't work again.
I try to remove all folder and files 1 by 1 the problem come from the file "launcher_profiles.json" because beta is enable.