When playing multiplayer on local LAN, we are getting disconnected with CONNECTION TIMEOUT - The connection to the host timed out and sent back to the main menu.
This is SUPER irritating when doing Ancient Hunts when you have gear and enchantment points on the line. Resuming the hunt will sometimes work but other times we simply lose the gear and enchantment points.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Start Online game and player 2 joins.
- Run some missions/hunts.
Intermittently, and rather often, one of the players experiences the disconnect and sent back to the main menu with the message CONNECTION TIMEOUT - The connection to the host timed out. When this happens, the other player is soon to follow.
This only recently started happening and you should be able to play online with people on the same subnet without any issues.
I will add a screenshot the next time this happens.
- Resuming the hunt will sometimes work but other times we simply lose the gear and enchantment points and need to start over.
- Can be repro'd with players using Xbox One's and mixture of Xbox One's and Xbox Series S.
- Both players are on the same subnet and are not sharing port conflicts etc.
- Confirmed Timezone and Times were correct on the Consoles.
- No issues with Minecraft Bedrock or other online games.
Possibly related to