Past Release - (CU47/ PS3 1.55), Past Release - (TU56/CU48/PS4&PSVita 1.55/PS3 1.56/WiiU Patch 26/Switch Patch 6
Kittens (baby Cats) that have been told to sit, will teleport to player when grown to adult Cats.
This happened in an old Survival world (previous to today's update), so I created a new world with newest update CU48.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create new world (with Host Options On to swap between Creative/Survival)
- Get a stack of Raw Fish in creative menu
- Fly around to find Jungle biome
- Swap into Survival Mode, tame two Ocelots Note: I tried in a Creative world, spawning Ocelots - but this behaviour wasn't noticed
- Breed the Tamed Cats together to create new Kitten (baby Cat)
- Make Kitten sit. Note: I also made both parent Cats sit, after breeding
- Feed Kitten 30+ fish to speed up growing process. Note: I did not do this in old Survival world - They grew up naturally
- Run far enough away from Kitten so that a tamed animal would teleport to you (unknown minimum of blocks but I did 20-30 blocks away) and wait... Note: Kitten was out of render distance but Cats still were visible
- An adult Cat teleports to player's location which is not either of the parent Cats. Note: In video below, both parents are still visible in background when other teleports
I assume this is not normal/expected behaviour, as I don't think I have ever bred cats until yesterday.
Link to video below:
teleporting kitty 2