Past Release - Nintendo Switch Patch 1
Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition.
2. Play until result occurs.
The device will take random screen captures without touching the capture button.
The player can continuously run Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition without automatic screen captures taken.
- I noticed this bug first occur during a recent dev live stream last month (the one that started with audio technical difficulties) when it was spamming the "Capture taken." banner in the top-left corner of the screen. One of the dev's in the stream stopped playing to try and fix it because it was disruptive and they were concerned it was filling up the device's storage with screenshots. Currently my device is filling up with random arbitrary screenshots, but not at the intense rate at which it was occurring for the dev's in the stream.
- Hopefully it isn't a Switch firmware or hardware bug. I posted on Nintendo's support site about it when I noticed it would take random screenshots while in the Switch OS menus too while the game was minimized, but this all started after installing Minecraft.
- Also mentioned this on the Nintendo Switch sub-reddit and others have responded that it is happening to them too.