Proposed Addition: Armor API should be expanded to allow dye on all armor types. Request changing the leather specific dye information to something applicable to all armor items.
• Ability to use dye on all armor types.
• Ability for modders to add armor colors in recipes.
Justification and Use Case:
• Adding a field to the armor API for dye color would allow modders a much higher level of customization. Modders could easily create distinctive custom armor recipes.
• This change would allow users to create a custom look for armor without requiring client side changes or resource packs.
• It would also aid in easily creating “team colors”
• Simplify leatherarmor API and armor API to a single API
Affects Version/s: New feature.
• Would require resource packs to update to a version with armor outlines like what is done for leather armor at this time.