Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 4, Minecraft 1.9, Minecraft 1.11, Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 5, Minecraft 1.12.1, Minecraft 1.12.2 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 1.12.2 Pre-Release 2, Minecraft 1.12.2
Fix Version/s: None
When a player named "deadmau5" sneaks or flies with an elytra (and rotates his head), his ears are offset.
- Copy the latest version folder in the .minecraft\versions directory and append _custom to the copied name, resulting in for example 1.12-pre5_custom
- Delete the .jar file inside the folder
- Append _custom to the version .json file name as well
- Replace the content of the version .json file with the following
- Replace all occurrences of #VERSION# with the version id you created a copy of, for example 1.12-pre5
- Select this version in the launcher and start the game
- Switch to third person view (F5) and sneak
by [Mod] Bemoty
The method net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.layers.LayerDeadmau5Head.doRenderLayer() doesn't check if the to be rendered entity is sneaking. Thus, a simple way to fix the sneaking issue would be to add that specific check, which translates the ears a bit down. (I don't know the exact "sneak-shrink"-value, 0.25F is just an example!)
The fix I found for the elytra-flying issue is very similar to my proposed fix on
MC-75279 – clamping the pitch of the ears does the job. Again, the values (-30F, -60F) are only examples, there may be other, way better values to use here.
Note: I do not own the username "deadmau5" neither do I know the person owning it personally. The attached screenshots were created by using "deadmau5" as username. The screenshots were taken for testing purposes.