Resolution: Awaiting Response
Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 4, Minecraft 1.9, Minecraft 1.9.1 Pre-Release 3, Minecraft 1.9.2, Minecraft 1.9.3 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 1.9.3 Pre-Release 2, Minecraft 1.9.3 Pre-Release 3, Minecraft 1.9.4, Minecraft 1.10, Minecraft 1.10.2, Minecraft 16w35a, Minecraft 16w36a, Minecraft 16w38a, Minecraft 16w39a, Minecraft 16w39b, Minecraft 16w39c, Minecraft 16w40a, Minecraft 16w41a, Minecraft 16w42a, Minecraft 16w43a, Minecraft 16w44a, Minecraft 1.11 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 1.11, Minecraft 16w50a, Minecraft 1.11.2, Minecraft 17w06a, Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 5, Minecraft 1.12, Minecraft 1.12.2, Minecraft 17w50a, Minecraft 1.13
The anti-cheat engine is being over-zealous causing the following issues with nether portals, caused by the game teleporting a player back:
- Portals setting the player on fire if there is lava at the exact location of the entry portal in the other dimension.
- Can kill player if they are low on food or health - very serious.
- Deals 11 damage (5 1/2 hearts) over time.
- Usually survivable in survival mode, especially if you are full on food or have good armour - you will only take 1 or 2 hearts' damage.
- Portals loading chunks at the exact location of the entry portal, but in the other dimension.
- Only the chunk at the exact location of the other dimension's portal loads.
- Only the terrain is generated: entities do not spawn.
- InhabitedTime of that chunk is 0.
These issues are usually characterised by a debug message in the chat claiming that the player moved too quickly:
(this was going through a nether portal in the overworld at 10 000, 10 000).
Remove all fire/lava at the exact location of the entry portal in the other dimension. E.g., if you have a portal at (100, 64, 100) in the overworld and you are set on fire when going to the nether, go to (100, 64, 100) in the nether (not to the location of the exit portal) and remove fire and lava around that exact location.