Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 2, Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 4, Minecraft 1.9, Minecraft 1.10.2, Minecraft 16w38a, Minecraft 16w39a, Minecraft 16w44a, Minecraft 1.13.1
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:'os.name' = 'Windows 10'
'os.version' = '10.0'
'os.arch' = 'x86'
'java.version' = '1.8.0_73'
'java.vendor' = 'Oracle Corporation'
'sun.arch.data.model' = '32'
Attempting to ride a minecart through an End Gateway puts the player into a limbo state where:
- The void background is present.
- The minecart riding sound doesn't stop.
- Pressing shift to dismount has no effect.
- The F3 debug screen shows the coordinates of the Gateway's destination and "Waiting for Chunk..."
- Sounds can be heard and subtitles say things like "Enderman vwoops". Not clear whether this is coming from an Enderman at the source or the destination of the gateway.
- In first person view the player's arm is visible, but in third person views the player does not appear.
- Turning to look in different directions works, even though there's nothing to see.
- It's possible to open inventory or swing a sword etc. The inventory screen shows the player in a sitting position as if they are still in the minecart.
- The only way to get out of this state is to quit the game.
- The minecart sound doesn't stop even when you get back to the main menu or resume playing. Only quitting Minecraft entirely makes it stop.
- When you go back into the game you are placed as if you just arrived at the source portal.
- Going through the portal with an Ender Pearl reveals that the minecart itself did arrive on the other side even though you did not.
Screenshot attached. Note: This was taken on an attempt to ride a minecart back from the outer islands, which is why the coordinates shown are the location of the gateway back at the main island.