Affects Version/s: Minecraft 15w46a
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Minecraft Version: 15w46a
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit
Java Version: 1.8.0_20, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode)
Memory: 104192544 bytes (99 MB) / 346238976 bytes (330 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
This is a very odd, reproducable bug that seems to have something to do with redstone power updates. I have seen other bug reports that crash with the same error but none show reproduction steps so I will post this one.
- Create a new superflat 15w46a world
- Place an impulse command block down with space above it and enter the following command:
- Power the command block directly by placing a stone button on its side and clicking it.
The game will crash and give the attached crash report. On re-opening the world the activator rail will be placed on top of the command block and appear to be powered.
- The game does NOT crash if a lever or redstone block is used in place of a button
- The game sometimes crashes if a stone block is placed next to the command block and a button powers the command block indirectly through the stone. I haven't worked out ways to reproduce the crash with this setup but it happened the first time I tried it.
- The game does NOT crash if a fallingsand entity with a Block value of stone is summoned instead of an activator rail.
- Summoning the fallingsand so it lands on top of a stone block elsewhere in the world that is being powered by a stone button at the moment the sand lands also crashes the game
On a side note, the activator rail appears to remain on once the power has been removed until it receives a block update.