Affects Version/s: Minecraft 15w41b, Minecraft 15w42a, Minecraft 15w43a, Minecraft 15w43b, Minecraft 15w43c, Minecraft 15w44a, Minecraft 15w44b, Minecraft 15w49b, Minecraft 1.9.1 Pre-Release 3, Minecraft 1.9.1, Minecraft 1.9.2, Minecraft 16w14a, Minecraft 1.9.3 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 1.9.4, Minecraft 1.10, Minecraft 1.10.2, Minecraft 16w40a, Minecraft 16w41a
Zombies and some other mobs (slimes, silverfish, endermites...) sometimes don't succeed in hitting you if you aren't in the middle of a block. Instead they will try to hit the middle of the block.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a superflat world with cheats enabled
- Run the command /tp @p 0 ~ 0.9
- Run the command /gamerule doMobSpawning false
- Run the command /time set night
- Run the command /summon Zombie ~ ~ ~-5
This does not always seem to work, tough.
Or an easier method:
- Place down a wall an walk as close to it as you can
- Spawn a zombie in front of you and note how it doesn't succeed in hitting you