Affects Version/s: Minecraft 15w37a, Minecraft 15w43b, Minecraft 15w43c, Minecraft 15w44a, Minecraft 15w47a, Minecraft 15w47c, Minecraft 1.9.4, Minecraft 1.10 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 16w38a, Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 5, Minecraft 18w11a, 1.15.2, 20w11a, 20w18a, 1.16.1, 20w30a, 1.16.2, 20w46a, 21w03a, 1.16.5, 21w05b, 21w06a, 21w07a, 21w08b, 21w11a
Fix Version/s: None
Lost absorption hearts of an absorption effect with high amplifier are regained when absoprtion with a lower amplifier (which should not affect the existing effect at all) and different particle settings (NBT tags Ambient or ShowParticles) or visibility (NBT tag ShowIcon) is applied.
Expected would be that either:
- the effect with the lower amplifier does not affect the higher amplifier effect (while also considering MC-128682)
- or (better?) that the absorption effect is removed once all absorption hearts are gone
Note: In 1.12.2 and older versions this also affected lower absorption effects with the same particle settings / visibility, see this comment. E.g. when eating a normal golden apple after absorption hearts from an enchanted golden apple had been used up.
- Give yourself absoprtion with a high amplifier
- Take damage and lose the absorption hearts
- Give yourself absoprtion with a low amplifier and a different particle visibility
All absoprtion hearts of the high amplifier effect were replenished