Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.8.5, Minecraft 1.10.2, Minecraft 16w41a, Minecraft 16w42a, Minecraft 1.12, Minecraft 1.12.1, Minecraft 1.13.1, 1.14.4, 19w44a, 1.15.1, 1.15.2
Fix Version/s: 1.16 Pre-release 5
Mounting a vehicle (like a minecart, a boat, a pig or a horse) and quickly dismounting it does not teleport the player to the vehicle but only dismounts them relative to their position.
The player would be properly moved to the vehicle first and then dismounted at the position of the vehicle.
- Stand in front of a vehicle
- Mount the vehicle (default: right-click)
- Quickly dismount it (default: shift)
Based on 1.12 decompiled using MCP 9.40 PRE 1
It looks like this bug can be caused by two different bugs:
- The passenger position is not directly updated but instead by the method net.minecraft.entity.Entity.updatePassenger(Entity) one tick later (see also MC-111747).
- The server sends a SPacketPlayerPosLook packet with the old entity position in net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.startRiding(Entity, boolean).