Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.8
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows, Java 1.7.0_60 64bit
Certain chests disappear entirely when a world is upgraded from <1.7.* to 1.8.*
Reproduction steps with specific map:
- Get map from http://www.fileswap.com/dl/ymM3oBLedw/ (Sea of Flame II by Vechs)
- Load map in SMP
- Enable cheats (Open to LAN, etc.)
- /tp -97 14 47
Results (also see screenshots below):
- On 1.7.x, the glass box has a chest on top of the stone slab full with Magenta Wool.
- On 1.8.x, the chest is missing completely - no hitbox, it is possible to walk through the empty space.
- Changing the contents of the chest or placing blocks around the chest (in 1.7), and then re-opening the world in 1.8 doesn't change this behaviour.
- Breaking and re-placing the chest in 1.7 makes the chest appear correctly in 1.8
Note to mods: The bug
MC-66631 is flagged incorrectly as a duplicate - it is a duplicate of THIS bug, but both bugs are different to MC-65874 which is visual only. This bug makes the chests disappear entirely and irrecoverably.