Minecraft 1.7.9, Minecraft 14w21b, Minecraft 1.8, Minecraft 1.8.9, Minecraft 16w03a, Minecraft 1.12.2, Minecraft 18w03b, Minecraft 1.13, Minecraft 1.13.1, Minecraft 1.13.2, Minecraft 18w47a, Minecraft 18w47b, Minecraft 18w48a, Minecraft 18w48b, Minecraft 18w49a, Minecraft 18w50a, 1.14.4, 19w45b, 1.15.1, 1.15.2 Pre-release 2, 1.15.2, 20w06a, 20w07a, 20w19a, 1.16 Pre-release 5, 1.16.1, 1.16.2 Pre-release 2, 1.16.2, 1.16.3, 1.16.4, 20w48a, 21w03a, 21w05b, 21w06a, 21w07a, 21w14a, 1.17, 1.17.1, 1.18.1, 22w03a, 1.18.2, 22w11a, 1.19, 1.19.2
Smooth and cut blocks and slabs do not inherit the properties of their base block, instead they appear to use properties similar to stone.
This means that for example their mining speed and blast resistance can be incorrect.
This could possibly be solved by changing smooth blocks and slabs classes to be wrapper like stairs.
Note to devs: There are also a lot of blocks which do have the correct properties, but do not inherit them, but instead declare them themselves. Would be good if this was fixed as well.
Last updated for 1.15.2
Nested entries in parentheses ((...)) correctly inherit the base block properties, but are affected because the base block has incorrect properties.
- smooth sandstone (not the same as sandstone)
- (smooth sandstone stairs)
- (smooth sandstone slab)
- smooth red sandstone (not the same as sandstone)
- (smooth red sandstone stairs)
- (smooth red sandstone slab)
- sandstone slab
- cut sandstone slab
- red sandstone slab
- cut red sandstone slab
- smooth quartz block (not the same as quarz blocks)
- (smooth quartz stairs)
- (smooth quartz slab)
- quartz slab
- stone slab: Destroy time of 2 whereas stone and stone_stairs have 1.5
- stone brick slab
- purpur slab
- Give yourself a wooden pickaxe
- Give yourself mining fatigue level 2
- Place a slab and its base block
- Switch to Survival mode
- Start destroying the blocks and compare the mining speed
→ The slab takes much longer to mine