Minecraft 1.4.6, Snapshot 13w03a, Minecraft 1.7.5, Minecraft 14w21b, Minecraft 1.8, Minecraft 1.8.1, Minecraft 1.8.7, Minecraft 1.8.8, Minecraft 15w31c, Minecraft 15w34d, Minecraft 1.10, Minecraft 1.10.2
Windows 7, Java 6u38
Fireworks which are pushed by water fly off into the distance at strange angles. If enough of these are launched (around 10 or so) the client will experience massive FPS loss and eventually become unresponsive. The client will not recover from this.
Set render distance to 4.
1) Create a firework rocket with the following specification:
Flight Duration: 3
- Fade to Purple
2) Place some water so that it is flowing into an empty space
3) Launch 5 fireworks under the flowing water.
4) Watch as fireworks zoom off at a horizontal angle and explode in the distance (more than if they went vertical).
5) After 3-10 seconds the client will experience massive FPS loss.
Code analysis by Marcono1234 can be found here.