The multiplayer server doesnt send chunks properly if you fly in a straight line looking at the horizon, causing you to fly around over the abyss, without any world under you.. However if you look straight down suddenly all chunks around you loads really fast as it should.
What I expected to happen was...:
I expected the server to send chunks properly so i can see the world under me when im exploring the map
What actually happened was...:
No chunks in front of me were loading fast enough for me to see them, unless i was looking straight down.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start the minecraft 1.7.2 server and join it with a friend or 2
2. all activate creative game mode so that you can fly
3. fly off in diffrent directions, and look towards the horizon, you will notice that the chunks infront of you doesnt load fast enough for you to see them
4. keep flying in a straight line until you are at the edge of all loaded chunks
5. look straight down with your camera and see how fast all chunks around you loads suddenly, (as it always should load)
this did not happen in minecraft 1.6.4, which is why im reporting it as a bug. this was tested on a server that can run 1.6.4 easy without this bug
If i werent clear enough, the important part is how minecraft loads chunks diffrently depending on where you are looking, (forward = bad, straight down= good)
any questions just send me an email at Alto@live.se and ill demonstrate on my server or with a youtube video