Resolution: Won't Fix
Minecraft 1.5.2, Minecraft 1.6.1, Minecraft 1.6.2, Minecraft 1.6.3, Minecraft 13w37b, Minecraft 1.7.4, Minecraft 14w04b, Minecraft 14w07a, Minecraft 14w18a, Minecraft 1.7.10, Minecraft 14w29b, Minecraft 14w32b, Minecraft 14w34d, Minecraft 1.8-pre3, Minecraft 1.8, Minecraft 1.8.1-pre3, Minecraft 1.8.7, Minecraft 1.8.8, Minecraft 15w46a, Minecraft 15w47a, Minecraft 1.10.2, Minecraft 16w32a, Minecraft 16w32b, Minecraft 1.11.2, Minecraft 17w16a, Minecraft 17w16b, Minecraft 17w17a, Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 6, Minecraft 1.12, Minecraft 1.12.1, Minecraft 1.12.2, Minecraft 17w50a, Minecraft 18w11a, Minecraft 1.13-pre1, Minecraft 1.14, 1.15.1, 1.15.2 Pre-release 2, 1.15.2, 20w08a, 1.16.1, 20w29a, 1.16.2
In 1.2.5 SSP and before the little wobble to the whole viewport that occurs when you take damage used to indicate the direction the damage came from. As part of the 1.3 client/server merge, this behavior was lost.
- Revert to 1.2.5 SSP and start a new creative world
- Build the contraption as shown in the image attachment below
- Fill the dispensers with arrows.
- Exit MC and use NBTExplorer to change the world to survival mode (alternatively play survival until you obtain those items or open a copy of a current world)
- Facing forward, strafe left into the left pressure plate. Arrow will hit you and the viewport will tilt to the right, simulating the head whiplash.
- Facing forward, strafe right into the right pressure plate. Arrow will hit you and the viewport will tilt to the left, simulating the head whiplash.
- Facing forward, walk into the front pressure plate. Arrow will hit you and the viewport will tilt DOWN, simulating being hit in the top of the head by something
- Facing forward, back into the rear pressure plate, Arrow will hit you and the viewport will tilt UP, simulating being hit in the back of the head and having forward whiplash.
- This seemingly "cool aesthetic" actually has real gameplay value because it indicates to fighters where incoming damage is originating from.
- Repeat all steps in latest version (no need to use NBT editors just open to lan with cheat mode to switch gamemode). Notice how the viewport will always tilt right no matter what.
EntityLivingBase.attackedAtYaw is not synced to the client, causing an animation present in the client to not be correctly rendered.