Buttons within the list in the social interactions menu display their hover text regardless of the position of the cursor.
For just a bit of context, buttons within the list of the social interactions menu include the hide messages button, the show messages button, and the report player button. This was an issue in the past (
MC-233883) which was fixed in 1.18 Pre-release 5, but has unfortunately reappeared in 22w46a.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Join a multiplayer instance of Minecraft with other players online.
- Open up the social interactions menu.
- Hit the TAB five times in order to select the hide or show messages button.
- Move your cursor around, watch it closely, and take note of how the hover text is always displayed at the position of your mouse cursor.
- Hit the TAB key one more time in order to select the "Report player" button.
- Take note of the same behavior.
Buttons display their hover text regardless of the position of the cursor.
The buttons would only display their hover text if the cursor is held over them.
MC-233883 The hide and show messages buttons in the social interactions menu display their hover text regardless of the position of the cursor