The word "messages" within the "gui.chatSelection.fold" string is always pluralized.
This is an issue because when the value of messages is "1", the noun's plural form is used instead of its singular one, therefore making the string grammatically incorrect in some cases.
Before reading the table, please note the following:
- Words colored in GREEN are correct.
- Words colored in RED are incorrect.
|Translation Key||Current String||Expected String||String URL on Crowdin|
|gui.chatSelection.fold||%s messages hidden||%s message(s) hidden||https://crowdin.com/translate/minecraft/10038/enus-engb#5343046|
Alternatively, instead of having one string cover both the plural and non-plural variants of the word, two separate translation strings could be created, one of which covers the plural variant and the other that covers the non-plural variant.
- Display the affected string by running the command provided below.
- Look closely at the affected word within the string.
- Take note as to whether or not the word "messages" within the "gui.chatSelection.fold" string is always pluralized.
The word "messages" is always pluralized.
The word "messages" would be correctly singularized or pluralized where appropriate.