The ESC key cannot be used to exit the "Sending your report" menu.
- Join a multiplayer server or a LAN world.
- Have yourself or others type some messages in the chat.
- Open the social interactions menu, select any player, and click the create report button.
- Enter some random details within the report and hit the "Send Report" button.
- Once the report has been sent or has failed to send, hit the ESC key in an attempt to close the "Sending your report" menu.
- Take note as to whether or not the ESC key cannot be used to exit the "Sending your report" menu.
The ESC key cannot be used to exit this menu.
The ESC key would be able to be used to exit this menu.
Code analysis by Avoma can be found below.
The following is based on a decompiled version of Minecraft 22w24a using Mojang mappings.
If we look at the above class, we can see that the shouldCloseOnEsc() boolean always returns "false" in the ChatReportScreen.java class, therefore not allowing the ESC key to be used to exit the "Sending your report" menu.