I've noticed this a couple times in the previous snapshots, but it is so hard to replicate.
I have figured out the cause of the issue and replicating it is quite easy.
It might be intended that the Warden stops chasing a suspect if the anger value of that suspect goes below 80, but it creates very odd cases where the Warden can roar at a suspect and then stop chasing the suspect it just roared at. This happens when the anger value of a suspect just barely goes above 80 which is the threshold for making the Warden roar and chase a target.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a wool area so that vibrations can't be detected by using the command below
/fill ~-10 ~-1 ~-10 ~10 ~5 ~10 minecraft:white_wool hollow
- Create a scoreboard with the commands below
/scoreboard objectives add WardenAnger dummy
/scoreboard objectives setdisplay sidebar WardenAnger
- Inside of a repeating command block that is always active, enter this command.
execute as @e[type=minecraft:warden,limit=1] at @s store result score AngerLevel WardenAnger run data get entity @s anger.suspects.anger
- Summon a Warden in one of the fenced areas and zombie in the other
- Observe the Wardens behavior and anger value
The Warden can sometimes, very inconsistently, roar but not chase the player/mob
- The suspects anger value can barely go over 80 (which is the threshold for the Warden to roar and start chasing a target), and then quickly go below 80 which causes the Warden to stop chasing the suspect it just got angry at.
All suspect data gets erased once a suspects anger value goes below 80Fixed in 22w15a
- The Warden will continue to chase the suspect it just got angry at for a normal period of time, and then proceed to roam once the anger value of the suspect goes below 80.
The Warden's suspect data will not be erased once the anger value of a suspect goes below 80.Fixed in 22w15a
A possible solution
A possible solution could be to set the anger value to it's maximum value once a suspects anger value goes above 80. (I believe this value is 150 because no matter how many times I hit the Warden it never goes above this value). This will cause the Warden to chase the suspect for a normal amount of time. Once the suspects anger value goes below 80, that suspect will no longer become the target and the Warden will start looking for more suspects.