Sometimes, wardens can be seen playing its sniffing animation, while not playing its related sound or exhibiting any of its sniffing behaviors. This occurs once the warden has completed a path towards a vibration source and begins idle movement.
Additionally, if the warden notices a distraction between this point and the next time it attempts to sniff a target, it will immediately play the sniffing sound and behavior.
This would appear to be the result of the memory "minecraft:is_sniffing" being inappropriately set when the warden begins its idle movement (note the boss bars in the attached video).
- Load up a new creative world
- Summon a warden
- Grab a stack of snowballs
- Switch to survival mode
- Throw a snowball
- Examine the warden's behavior as it reaches the source of a vibration
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 as needed
The warden should begin idle movement without activating the sniffing animation.
When the warden begins its idle movement, the sniff animation plays, and the memory "minecraft:is_sniffing" is added to the warden's memory data.
- Video observing the behavior, with boss bars representing the Warden's nbt data located in Brain.memories (warden_sniff_behavior_3.mp4)