When a warden begins to sniff out a target, distractions nearby will not cancel the sniffing action, and the warden will notice and path towards the target anyway.
In a normal survival scenario, this can seem as though the warden notices the player with no discernible reason.
- Load a new creative world
- Spawn a warden
- Grab a stack of snowballs via the creative inventory
- Switch to survival mode
- When the warden attempts to sniff the player out, sneak and throw a snowball
- Take note of the warden's behavior as it paths towards the source of the distraction
The warden should complete its path towards the distraction, and continue its normal behavior.
The warden still notices and paths to the target on the same interval that its sniffing behavior works on, despite having been distracted.
- Video observing the behavior (warden_sniff_behavior_2.mp4)