22w11a, 22w12a, 22w14a, 22w15a, 22w17a, 22w18a, 22w19a, 1.19 Pre-release 1, 1.19, 1.19.1, 1.19.2
Frogs can sometimes fall into deep holes when pathfinding to entities.
The initial facing direction of the frog appears to have an influence on whether it falls or not. In other words, they seem to initially pathfind in a circle-like pattern to face the direction of their target before approaching it any further, causing it in some instances to fall into deep holes.
- Build the setup as shown in the attachment below. setup.png
- Give yourself a spawn egg that will always spawn small slimes with no AI.
- Summon a slime on top of the gold block using the spawn egg.
- Summon a frog on top of the diamond block.
- Wait for the frog to notice and begin pathfinding toward the slime and observe its behavior closely.
- Take note as to whether or not frogs can sometimes fall into deep holes when pathfinding to entities.
Frogs can fall into deep holes.
Frogs would avoid falling into deep holes.