1.18 Pre-release 1, 1.18 Pre-release 2, 1.18 Pre-release 4
Ubuntu 20.08, OpenJDK 16.0.1+9-Ubuntu-120.04
I'm experiencing an off-heap memory leak, quickly consuming my PC's RAM over minutes of creative-mode exploration.
The Java heap is otherwise behaving fine and appears to respect the assigned limit (4GB). The memory consumption is associated with the java process.
- Minecraft: 1.18 Pre-release 1, 21w44a
- Launcher: MultiMC 5 0.6.13-2519
- Java: OpenJDK 16.0.1+9-Ubuntu-120.04
- OS: Ubuntu 20.04.3
- RAM: 16GB (system) with a 4GB Java heap allocation
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
- GPU Driver: 3.2.0 NVIDIA 495.44 (nvidia-driver-495)
I'll be digging deeper into the issue but I'm unfamiliar with Java, so any tips on tracking down the source of the leak would be helpful!