Affects Version/s: 21w37a
Fix Version/s: 21w38a
Starting and stopping JFR profiling multiple times within the same minute overwrites previous JFR results saved during the same minute. Basically, only the report saved most recently is saved, and the older ones saved during the same minute are overwritten by the newest one.
- Make sure you have enough time to run four commands before the next minute on your computer's clock
- Run the command /jfr start
- Run the command /jfr stop
- Run /jfr start and /jfr stop again
- Navigate to your Minecraft folder -> debug
Notice that only one JFR report (one .jfr and one .txt) was saved
It would be expected that all reports are saved, even if multiple reports are saved within the same minute. This could be done by appending "-2", "-3", etc. to the end of the file name if a file already exists in the location Minecraft is trying to save the report.