21w18a, 21w19a, 21w20a, 1.17 Pre-release 1, 1.17 Pre-release 2, 1.17, 1.17.1, 21w39a, 1.18, 1.18.1, 1.18.2, 22w11a
When an entity burns (e.g. an arrow or item), its health is decreased by 4 (out of total 5), then gets destroyed on the next tick upon a second round of damage. However, the extinguishing sound plays twice quickly, suggesting that items in lava play the sound every tick regardless if they are about to break or not.
- Shoot an arrow inside of lava
→ The burning sound repeats for as long as the arrow exists.
- Obtain a Repeating Command Block
- Paste the following command in its field, and activate it:
- Obtain a lava bucket, sign, and empty bucket
- Place the lava
- Place the sign next to the lava
- Throw the sign in your inventory onto the placed sign
- Break the placed sign
- Hold the empty bucket
- Wait for the lava to spread onto the sign
- Pick up the lava
Here, the item burning sound will play every tick, instead of when the item dies.