Players without operator permissions cannot normally interact with blocks inside spawn protection, however, you are able to extinguish fire, campfires, and candles by using splash water bottles, regardless of whether or not these blocks are inside spawn protection.
- Start a server, join it, give operator permissions to yourself, and switch into creative mode.
- Set the world spawn to your current location and summon some fire, a campfire, and a candle nearby by using the commands provided below.
- Obtain some splash water bottles.
- Switch into survival mode, remove your operator permissions, and grant anyone else with them in order to activate spawn protection.
- Attempt to extinguish the fire, campfire, and candle by using the water splash potions.
- Take note as to whether or not you can extinguish fire, campfires, and candles by using splash water bottles in spawn protection.
Fire, campfires, and candles are extinguished.
Fire, campfires, and candles would not be extinguished.