Players without operator permissions cannot normally interact with blocks inside spawn protection, however, you are able to turn water into frosted ice using frost walker boots, regardless of whether or not the water is inside spawn protection.
- Start a server, join it, give operator permissions to yourself, and switch into creative mode.
- Set the world spawn to your current location and summon a large area of water below your feet by using the commands provided below.
- Equip some boots enchanted with frost walker by using the command provided below.
- Switch into survival mode, remove your operator permissions, and grant anyone else with them in order to activate spawn protection.
- Approach the water so that the frost walker enchantment activates.
- Take note as to whether or not you can turn water into frosted ice by using boots enchanted with frost walker in spawn protection.
Water is turned into frosted ice in spawn protection.
Water would not be turned into frosted ice in spawn protection.