While playing on a multiplayer server I noticed that acacia trees with 2 branches grown under y=0 sometimes formed with one empty branch without a leaf canopy.
Steps to reproduce:
- Place an acacia sapling under y=0.
- Grow the sapling using bonemeal or by waiting for random tick updates.
- Repeat steps 1-2 until an acacia tree with a split trunk is produced.
- Notice that the tree has one branch that is bare.
Expected outcome (grown above y=0):
4. Notice that both branches on the tree have a separate canopy attached to them.
Note that this does not apply above y=256. All attached screenshots are taken in 21w13a.