21w13a, 21w14a, 21w15a, 21w16a, 21w17a, 1.17, 1.17.1, 21w43a, 1.18, 1.18.1, 1.18.2, 22w14a, 1.19, 1.19.2, 1.19.3, 23w06a
Light blocks are meant to be completely non-solid for all non-mapmaking purposes, yet carpets consider them a suitable block for placement atop, which is not the case for air. This does not seem intended.
Steps to Reproduce
- Build the setup as shown in the attachment below. setup.png
- Obtain a light block and a carpet.
/give @s minecraft:light /give @s minecraft:white_carpet
- Place down the light block on top of the diamond block.
- Place down the carpet on top of the light block by looking at the gold block.
- Take note as to whether or not carpets can be placed on top of light blocks.
Carpets can be placed on top of light blocks.
Carpets would not be able to be placed on top of light blocks.